About Britto’s Earthmoving & Plant Hire
Britto’s Earthmoving & Plant Hire is a family owned business run by John and Cathy Brittain in Port Augusta South Australia.
John Brittain was born in Port Augusta and commenced work with the Highways Department – now called Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) – on the Stuart Highway before venturing west and taking up mining, resource infrastructure construction and civil earthworks across WA, QLD and Papua New Guinea. Along the way John achieved a WA Quarry Managers Certificate and various other mining and civil construction qualifications to enhance his career and experience.
We pride ourselves on honesty and integrity and will let you know straight away if we can or cannot supply support for your project or are unable to reschedule to meet your needs. We also pride ourselves on safety and efficiency which in turn supports our client’s values and management systems.
Britto’s enjoy a healthy, long-term relationship with local (Barngarla) and regional indigenous land owners and actively employ qualified, skilled indigenous operators and drivers. Our local employment focus always considers indigenous candidates.
Our business values are:
- to work safely
- to work with our clients to ensure a win-win for both parties
- to ensure there is an open line of communication at all times and
- to employ locally, where possible
All of our mobile plant is preferably wet hired, low hours and fully mine compliant and is generally available from our depot in Port Augusta.
We also have the ability to source and supply project specific mobile equipment and accessories. No job is too small or too big!
John Brittain (Director)
John has more than 35 years’ experience in Quarrying and Civil Mining Management. He is also an Indigenous Training & Workplace Certified Training Assessor.
Cathy Brittain (Director)
Cathy Brittain has 25 years’ Business Management in high-end retail and is a certified RTO Trainer & Assessor. Cathy specialised in Indigenous training in the ‘at risk cohort’ in WA. She has a special interest in youth work and has a double degree in Psychology & Youth Work.
Britto’s capabilities include (but are not limited to) the following services:
- Civil & non-commercial earthworks
- Mining & mine site rehabilitation works
- Britto’s successfully completed a JV with Pybar excavating a second box cut at the Oz Minerals Carrapateena mine site which will hold a dual use – ventilation and conveyor decline.
- Resource infrastructure maintenance
- Unsealed road maintenance
- Transport and haulage
- Heavy haulage
- Equipment transport
- Potable water cartage (SA Health approved)
- Construction water cartage
- Wet & dry equipment hire
- Labour hire & supply
- Truck, trailer & mobile equipment maintenance
- Short & long-term bulky items storage
- Transportable buildings
- Plant & equipment
- Rail inducted labour (ARTC)
- Office and ablution units